Our approach to transfer credit maximizes your previously earned credits to save you time in completing your degree.

We not only examine your previous college coursework through your transcripts, our team also takes the time to learn about your background and identify opportunities to award credit for what you’ve learned outside of the classroom.

Transfer Up To
More than
of our students are transfers

Transfer Pathways

If you’ve already earned an associate degree, we encourage you to explore our Transfer Pathways, which provide streamlined course plans for students who want to pursue a bachelor’s. With this option, you’ll be positioned to start your bachelor’s degree with your general education requirements waived.

  • Select a bachelor’s degree to find specific information about the Transfer Pathway that corresponds to that program.
  • If you’re a graduate from a New Hampshire Community College, visit our CCSNH Partnership page to learn more about the additional convenience and tuition cost savings that we can offer to you.

Transfer Equivalencies

Curious to learn how your credits will transfer into Granite State College? We can help! Use our Transfer Evaluation System (TES)® to search for the courses you’ve taken at other institutions and see what may transfer to Granite State College.

TES also contains professional licensure, certifications, and workplace training that are equivalent to college credit.

Credit for What You Know

If you have any prior job training or considerable experience in your field, you may be able to receive credit towards your degree. Learn more about how you can make your credits count.

Credit for What You Know

Transfer Credit Policies

  • Associate degree programs accept a maximum of 44 credits in transfer.
  • Bachelor’s degree programs accept a maximum of 90 credits in transfer.
  • Transfer credits are accepted from colleges or universities that are regionally accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Granite State College degree applicants who have attended non-regionally accredited colleges should contact us to discuss prior learning options.
  • Courses completed with a grade of “C” or better are eligible for transfer to meet general education or major requirements.
  • In bachelor’s degree completion programs, the earned associate degree transfers in full.
  • Credits Earned from a non-U.S. Institution:
    If you attended a college or university outside of the United States and wish to have credits transferred into a Granite State College degree program, you will need to have your transcript translated and evaluated before you are fully admitted.

Please see our current Catalog for more information.