Granite State College and the University System of New Hampshire are looking for two outstanding students to represent the College on the statewide University System Student Board (USSB) for the 2019-2020 academic year. Offered annually, this unique opportunity links our students directly to University System of New Hampshire (USNH) trustees, ensuring that student voices are represented and considered during decision-making.
Each school of the four-school system sends two students to the USSB. They are chosen via an online election that takes place in early June.
“The students who work on the USSB get a unique perspective into the Board of Trustees, some of its subcommittees, and the role they play in guiding the College,” said Tiffany Doherty, director of student affairs. “The opportunity to be the voice of the Granite State College student body offers the kind of experience that can take you far in your career.”
- Two spots are reserved for Granite State College students, one undergraduate and one graduate
- Your overall GPA must be at least 3.0
- You must have attended Granite State College for more than one term
- This is a one-year commitment
- Meetings are held on a Thursday and Friday in October, January, April, and June
- You will serve on the Board from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020
Interested applicants should send a brief biography and picture to Tiffany Doherty, director of student affairs by May 31, 2019.