Lecture Series: Changing Direction – Increasing Understanding and Support for Mental Health
June 7 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmThere is no fee to attend, but registration is required.
The Change Direction Campaign encourages all Americans to pay attention to their emotional well-being – and it reminds us that our emotional well-being is just as important as our physical well-being. The goal of The Campaign is to transform the culture of mental health in America so that all of those in need receive the care and support they deserve. Special guest, John T. Broderick, former NH Supreme Court Justice and Change Direction advocate, will lead our conversation. Together with expert panelists from NAMI New Hampshire and Easterseals, Mr. Broderick will delve into questions about how we can work collaboratively and individually to prioritize mental health in our society.
Topics will include:
- Enhancing and maintaining environments that are supportive of individuals with mental health issues
- Key steps clinicians and professionals are taking to help educate the public
- The influence of public perception on policy
- Best practices in early intervention and prevention of mental health problems
- Ways individual citizens advocate for the need for access to mental health services and treatment
The panel will be moderated by Fred Kocher, Host of NH’s Business on WMUR-TV and an advisor to Granite State College.
COST: There is no fee to attend, but registration is required.