Deepen your knowledge of the dynamic field of health care and gain specialized skills to help grow your career. Learn about the complex issues that surround contemporary health care systems and develop strategies to help your organization manage change and address future challenges.
Developed in partnership with regional health care leaders, this degree can prepare you navigate a career change or seek promotion to mid- to upper-level positions in the private or public sector of the health care industry, including hospitals, health system management, position practices, and government and non‐government agencies.
Available fully online with select blended courses, this ten-course program is built for working professionals and offers you the opportunity to apply what you learn in a workplace setting, integrating your studies with your professional goals.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Health Care Delivery and Innovations
- Ethical Decision Making
- Project Management Seminar
- Organizational Behavior
- Advocacy and Health Policy
- Health Care Quality and Safety
- Health Care Technology and Informatics
- Health Care Financial Management
- Health Care Management Integrative Capstone
- Change Management and Communication
- Conflict Management and Negotiation
- Identify and analyze the organizational, economic, political and legal components of health care delivery systems in the United States
- Evaluate ethical issues relevant to the policies, practices, and management of health care ethics
- Acquire functional knowledge of current health care management policies, practices and theory and develop, and communicate design solutions that guide health care organizations to change and adapt to future challenges
- Conduct financial analysis, explain financial and accounting information for a health care organization
- Synthesize and assimilate an understanding of the environmental factors and management skills required to be innovative and successful in the health care field
- Apply project management and quality improvement tools to evaluate and improve health care delivery
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Available fully online with select blended or hybrid courses
- Affordable tuition
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online graduate business degrees
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni and we also extend this service to those considering their college options
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA average for the last 60 credit hours, or a 3.0 GPA at the graduate level, from a regionally accredited college or university
- 500-1,000 word statement which includes professional goals and aspirations, motivation for applying for the degree, and relevant formal or informal experiences
- Two signed letters of professional or academic reference and/ or two completed recommendation forms
- Current resume
- Official transcripts for all previous college work
- Completed application form
Employer demand for master’s-level health care management professionals is on the rise. Qualified candidates with solid industry knowledge, a strong strategic lens, and a commitment to working with colleagues across the organization to enhance patient care will become assets in the workplace.