Our Master of Science in Instruction and Leadership (MSIL) is designed as a capstone degree for certified teachers who are interested in improving their effectiveness as a teacher and who want to become effective innovators, focused on the improved learning of their P-12 students. In this program you will learn from research-based techniques to collaborate with peers to create positive change and to promote increased success for students and schools.
This is a 36 credit graduate degree that takes up to 24 Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification credits and completes with 12 leadership credits.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Capstone Project I: Leadership Essentials to Strategically Think, Plan, Implement and Evaluate a Teacher Leadership Project (3 credits) – This is the first course.
- Leadership Essentials: Evaluation of Teaching and Learning (3 credits)
- Leadership Essentials to Develop and Sustain a Professional Culture (3 credits)
- Capstone II: Leadership Essentials to Strategically Think, Plan, Implement and Evaluate a Teacher Leadership Project (3 credits)
- Understand how to develop and support a dynamic teaching and learning environment.
- Promote and support a professional culture to nurture all learners.
- Focus on leadership from a peer perspective.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education, Inc. (NECHE)
- Available fully online with select on campus courses
- Affordable tuition
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career
Individuals who earned fewer than 24 qualified credits will be required to complete additional graduate coursework at Granite State.
The admission requirements to the M.S. in Instruction and Leadership include:
- Completion of Part I of the Application
- Completion of Part II of the Application, to include
- Letters/Forms of Recommendation with specific reference to successful leadership experiences
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, documenting a 3.0 GPA
Because of critical shortages in Education, employment is thriving. There are many choices for specialization in this field and with a master’s degree, you will find a variety of job prospects in the future. If you love working with children, this is a rewarding career.