An Interdisciplinary Certificate Relevant to Manufacturing, Health Care, and Other Fields!
Operations management is critical in every industry. It helps organizations address gaps, problem solve, eliminate bottlenecks, and improve day-to-day workflow. Historically thought of as a discipline specific to manufacturing, today you’ll find that many organizations are investing more resources in operations management so they can
Whether you work in health care, manufacturing, ecommerce, military or another field, earning a graduate certificate in Operations Management is an effective strategy to help establish yourself as a credible professional in the industry. In our program, you’ll acquire new skills in support of managing an organization’s operations functions—and more importantly, learn how to apply this knowledge on the job.
Accepting ApplicationsApply now and register for courses during an upcoming term.
This 12-credit graduate certificate features a combination of required courses and elective that can help you focus your learning experience.
- Principles of Operations Management (3 credits)
- Introduction to Project Management (3 credits)
- Choice of:
- Health Care Quality and Safety (3 credits)
- Total Quality Management (3 credits)
Elective Options (Select 3 credits total)
- Supply Chain Management (2 credits)
- Introduction to Lean Practices (1 credit)
- Introduction to Theory of Constraints (2 credits)
Why Granite State College?
Our 12-credit graduate certificate will help yougain an understanding and appreciation of the functions an operations manager provides to their organization. Available 100% online, you’ll learn from faculty who are leaders within their field and respected for their expertise. The courses in your certificate program may be applied to our master’s degree in Project Management, a program accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and its Global Accreditation Center, the industry standard for project management excellence.
Our graduate certificate in Operations Management is an excellent fit for professionals in a range of industries and stages in their career. Examples Include:
- “Encore careerists” and those seeking entry into the field
- Individuals with a bachelor’s or master’s degree who seek workplace advancement or a career change
- Those interested in a master’s program, but aren’t ready to fully commit
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- Official transcripts from the institution that conferred your bachelor’s degree