Manage and Lead Nonprofit Organizations
The nonprofit sector represents the third largest workforce in the U.S., according to the 2019 Nonprofit Employment Report by Johns Hopkins University, and is considered a major industry in 49 states across the United States. Nonprofit organizations provide a crucial component of workforce and professionals in the field are engaged in a broad spectrum of mission-driven work which spans education, social services, arts and culture, environmental protection, and many more. The need for strong managers and leaders in this vital sector is essential.
Nonprofit leaders at all levels can benefit from continuing their education and pursuing a graduate certificate in Nonprofit Leadership is an excellent way to position yourself for career advancement. In our program, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the sector and how to solve the complex problems that nonprofit leaders are faced with in their work. You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in a specific area that aligns with your interests and career goals. Options include:
- Nonprofit Program Development
- Financial Planning and Management
- Marketing for Nonprofits
- Grant Writing
- Program Evaluation
- Volunteer Recruitment and Retention
This 12-credit graduate certificate features a wide variety of electives that allow you to focus your learning on topics that are relevant to your career plans.
- Cultivating Your Leadership Capabilities (3 credits)
- Leading and Governing Nonprofit Organizations (3 credits)
- Ethical Decision-Making (3 credits)
Elective Options (select one)
- Volunteer Leadership (3 credits)
- Grant Writing (3 credits)
- Marketing for Nonprofits (3 credits)
- Financial Management for Nonprofits (3 credits)
- Fundraising and Resource Development (3 credits)
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making (3 credits)
Updated June 2021. See catalog for full details.
Why Granite State College?
Our 12-credit graduate certificate will give you a better understanding of the special role that nonprofits play in society and the rules that apply to them. Available 100% online, you’ll learn from well-respected faculty with rich nonprofit experience, such as starting a new nonprofit, serving a nonprofit board, developing and evaluating programs, and securing competitive grants. Our program is designed to help you enhance your capacity to serve as a successful leader in today’s environment and qualify for highly competitive nonprofit positions.
Our graduate certificate in Nonprofit Leadership is an excellent fit for professionals in a range of industries and stages in their career. Examples Include:
- Nonprofit leaders and managers
- Individuals with a bachelor’s or master’s degree who seek workplace advancement or a career change
- Those interested in a master’s program, but aren’t ready to fully commit
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- Official transcripts from the institution that conferred your bachelor’s degree