Grow as a Leader in the Human Services Field
Human service agencies address some of society’s most challenging needs in undeserved communities. From an aging population with complex needs, to addiction treatment programs experiencing a surge in patients, the demand for these services is steadily growing. Leaders who can offer advanced, specialized knowledge in the human services field is essential to meeting this demand effectively.
Aspiring managers and administrators within this profession can benefit from earning a graduate-level credential. This certificate is designed to prepare individuals seeking management or administrative positions at human service agencies within the communities they serve.
Accepting ApplicationsApply now and register for courses during an upcoming term.
This 12-credit graduate certificate features a combination of required courses and elective that can help you focus your learning experience.
- Principles of Human Service Management (3 credits)
- Administration of Human Service Organizations (3 credits)
- Ethical and Legal Practices in Human Services (3 credits)
Elective Options (Select 3 credits)
- Leading and Governing Nonprofit Organizations (3 credits)
- Foundations of Organization Communication (3 credits)
- Change Management & Communication (3 credits)
- Conflict Management and Negotiation (3 credits)
- Financial Management for Nonprofits (3 credits)
- Building Diverse and Inclusive Organizations (3 credits)
- Foundations of Program Planning and Evaluation (1 credits)
- Program Planning and Evaluation: Project (2 credits)
- Grant Writing (3 credits)
Why Granite State College?
This 12-credit graduate certificate is designed to prepare individuals seeking management or administrative positions at human service agencies within the communities they serve. Available 100% online, you’ll learn from well-respected faculty who are active in the field.
Our graduate certificate in Human Services Administration is an excellent fit for students at all stages in their career. Examples Include:
- Individuals seeking professional development
- “Encore careerists” and those seeking entry into the field
- Individuals with a bachelor’s or master’s degree who seek workplace advancement or a career change
- Those interested in a master’s program, but aren’t ready to fully commit
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- Official transcripts from the institution that conferred your bachelor’s degree