Our Social Studies degree is a flexible program that provides a pathway to a career in education.
We offer two certification options to pair with your Social Studies degree, helping to accelerate you towards your goals of becoming a teacher! They’re available to new students in New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont. See Availability in Your State for full details.
Select an option to view the full course requirements:
- Principles of Economics
- Great Civilizations
- United States History: 1865 to the Present
- Themes in World History
- American Government and Politics
- The U.S. in World Affairs
- Physical Geography
- Students with Disabilities
- The Dynamic Role of the Special Educator
- Transition Planning and Developing IEPs
- Teaching Language Arts and Literacy
See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC