With the B.S. in Public Service Management, you can further develop your leadership capacity and prepare for career advancement in professions such as law enforcement, firefighting, or municipal/public management. This program is designed for those who have already established a foundation or a career in these fields and will build upon what you’ve already learned on-the-job and through prior study.
An associate degree in a related field is required for this degree. Professional licensure, certifications or training may serve as a foundation to this degree, upon approval by Academic Affairs.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Strategic Data Analysis
- American Government and Politics
- Project Management Strategies
- Build on applied expertise through the attainment of new knowledge in management, with specific relevance to the public sector.
- Develop management capacity to enhance individual and organizational performance.
- Apply ethical principles that inform public service management.
- Integrate public service management theories in an applied field to improve efficiency and effectiveness of organizations.
Step #1 – Earn Your Associate Degree
Your must have a conferred associate degree in one of the following area (or a related discipline) as a foundation for this Transfer Pathway:
- Public Service
- Criminal Justice
Step #2 – Apply to Granite State College!
Contact us to set up an appointment or begin your application now. During this process, an advisor will review your transcripts to ensure your eligibility for the Transfer Pathway, or recommend a more helpful option for you.
Step #3 – Complete Your Degree Requirements
Review the courses you’ll take as a student by opening the Course Highlights tab above.
Are you from a NH Community College?
Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Although job prospects vary by state and region, overall prospects are expected to be favorable. Those who can demonstrate their leadership abilities within their workplace can increase their chances of being considered for top positions, such as Chief of Police or Fire Chief.