The Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies provides students with an opportunity for interdisciplinary study in Humanities. Specialized study in English or History is also an option for this degree.
A minimum of 32 semester credit hours is required in the major with at least four courses at the upper level.
The Individualized Studies major is developed in conjunction with the regular course assignments in CRIT 602 Advanced Critical Analysis and Strategic Thinking. A proposal for the major must be submitted to Academic Affairs for approval.
- The Writing Process
- Interpersonal Communication and Group Dynamics
- Visual Communication
- Introduction to Critical Inquiry
- Human Development
- Advanced Critical Analysis and Strategic Thinking
- Interdisciplinary Seminar
Updated June 2021. See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC