The B.S. in Human Services offers you the opportunity to provide access to assistance programs, offer support, and improve the quality of life for those in need while working with community members in business and industry, the nonprofit sector, schools, and government agencies at the local and state level.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Human Services and the Helping Process
- Law and Ethics for Health Care and Human Services
- Research Methods
- Social Stratification and Inequality
- Attain proficiency in the concepts, theories, and methods of inquiry pertinent to human services.
- Integrate knowledge of human services with relevant theory, advanced practice, and specific populations.
- Apply ethical principles that inform and guide practice in human services.
This important jumpstart will allow you to immerse yourself in your chosen major, saving you time and money as you progress towards your bachelor’s degree.
If you’re a NH Community College Graduate, check the prerequisites that you take prior to beginning your Transfer Pathway at Granite State. Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
As access to health insurance expands, growth in Human Services is projected nationwide. Job opportunities are strong for organizations that focus on aging populations, addiction treatment, and child and family services.