Make a Difference in the Communities You Serve
The B.S. in Human Services offers you the opportunity to provide access to assistance programs, offer support, and improve the quality of life for those in need while working with individuals and the community at both the local and state level.
In this program, you’ll have the opportunity to specialize your learning experience by selecting a concentration that aligns with your professional interests and goals.
Select a Concentration
Your concentration will help you customize your degree program to complement your career goals. As a student, you’ll take your core degree requirements and enroll in a specific set of courses that relate to your chosen concentration area to complete your degree program.
- Human Services and the Helping Process
- Introduction to Psychology
- Dynamics of Family Relationships
- Case Management
- Counseling Theories
- Law and Ethics for Health Care and Human Services
- Social Stratification and Inequality
Updated June 2021. See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC