Discover trends and patterns as you explore historical development from pre-history to the present. This program will further develop your skills in critical thinking, research, writing, argumentation, and documentation.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Great Civilizations
- Historical Methods
- Topics in World History
- American Government and Politics
- Survey specific periods of historical development from pre-history to the present.
- Identify phenomena and characterize patterns across time and regions.
- Analyze U.S. History from the period of native peoples through the present.
- Explore world history, emphasizing major trends that influenced multiple nations and regions.
- Appreciate the contributions and experiences of diverse peoples to national and world events.
- Demonstrate aptitude with research methods and writing conventions in the discipline of history.
This important jumpstart will allow you to immerse yourself in your chosen major, saving you time and money as you progress towards your bachelor’s degree.
If you’re a NH Community College Graduate, check the prerequisites that you take prior to beginning your Transfer Pathway at Granite State. Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
The program provides a sound foundation for a variety of careers and generalizes well with a range of job options including business analyst, archivist, broadcaster, campaign worker, consultant, congressional aide, editor, foreign service officer, foundation staffer, and more. This degree can be a stepping stone for a graduate degree. Areas of study for graduate studies include history, historic preservation, law, or political science.