Learn to monitor and manage the medical data systems critical to institutional operations and patient care. Through your coursework, you’ll also enhance your analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills within the healthcare field.
Associate degree holders with health information-related degrees from other institutions may also be eligible by approval of Academic Affairs. Professional licensure, certifications or training may serve as a foundation to this degree, upon approval by Academic Affairs.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Law and Ethics for Health Care and Human Services
- Health Care Policy
- Managing Diversity
- Managing Information Technology
- Attain proficiency in the concepts, theories, and methods of inquiry pertinent to health information management.
- Code diagnostic and procedural data for optimal reimbursement and assist with maintaining revenue cycle and compliance with third party payer guidelines.
- Manage, process, and analyze health data to ensure an accurate and complete medical record and cost effective processing.
- Formulate and implement health information policies and systems that meet with all national and state laws and regulatory guidelines.
- Apply sound principles of health information management and provide leadership to staff.
- Participate in Performance Improvement and other quality initiatives.
- Act according to the professional, ethical, and legal standards expected in the health information management field.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development in health information management.
This important jumpstart will allow you to immerse yourself in your chosen major, saving you time and money as you progress towards your bachelor’s degree.
If you’re a NH Community College Graduate, check the prerequisites that you take prior to beginning your Transfer Pathway at Granite State. Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
The need to manage information to care for aging populations creates an urgency to fill health information management positions. With hands-on practice in health care information systems, as well as valuable management experience to develop decision-making and problem resolution strategies, Health Information Management professionals can assume a wide variety of technical, managerial, and consultant roles in the health care delivery system.