A Health and Wellness Degree helps prepare you for careers that encourage people to live healthier lifestyles.
This degree requires an associate degree from a regionally accredited college in an area of allied health, exercise science, health science, massage therapy, or similar field. Professional licensure, certifications or training may serve as a foundation to this degree, upon approval by Academic Affairs.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- The Emerging U.S. Health Care System
- Community, Culture, and Health
- Law and Ethics for Health Care and Human Services
- Health Care Policy
- Identify and use evidence to guide planning and decision making in professional settings in health and wellness.
- Analyze two or more legal, ethical, and policy contexts that shape health and wellness systems.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health related issues and societal needs.
- Apply scientific knowledge to health promotion.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in health related endeavors.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication strategies to establish collaborative relationships with individuals, members of multidisciplinary teams, and other health and wellness stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate health and wellness strategies.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health and wellness profession.
Step #1 – Earn Your Associate Degree
Your must have a conferred associate degree in the following area as a foundation for this Transfer Pathway:
- Health and Wellness or a related field
In addition, your associate degree should contain the following courses:
- Human Biology
- Nutrition Concepts and Controversies or Life Cycle Nutrition
Step #2 – Apply to Granite State College!
Contact us to set up an appointment or begin your application now. During this process, an advisor will review your transcripts to ensure your eligibility for the Transfer Pathway, or recommend a more helpful option for you.
Step #3 – Complete Your Degree Requirements
Review the courses you’ll take as a student by opening the Course Highlights tab above.
Are you from a NH Community College?
Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Job growth continues as people are living longer and need to make healthier choices. This degree can lead to a variety of jobs within health and wellness. Examples include: Public Health Educator, Corporate Wellness Coordinator, Community Health Worker, Health Services Manager, and Health Coaching.