Grow Your Health, Wellness, and Prevention Career!
This program helps prepare you for careers that encourage people to live healthier lifestyles by understanding evidence-based practices that influence individual to population health. The degree incorporates health sciences and examines the U.S. health care system, disease prevention, quality of life, health literacy, needs assessment and evaluation, and critical lifestyle behaviors that impact well-being and mortality.
- The Emerging U.S. Health Care System
- Nutrition and Health
- Human Biology
- Health Behaviors: Theoretical Frameworks for Health Education
- Issues in Women’s Health
- Population Health
- Needs Assessment and Strategies for Health Education and Promotion
- Advanced Human Physiology & Wellness
- Principles of Exercise Science
Updated June 2021. See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
Why Granite State College?
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC