Our English Language Arts degree is a flexible program that provides a pathway to a career in education and eligibility for the New Hampshire Department of Education teacher certification in Elementary Education and General Special Education. The program aligns with the NH Department of Education’s standards for teacher credentialing.
We offer three certification options to pair with your English Language Arts degree, helping to accelerate you towards your goals of becoming a teacher! They’re available to new students in New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont. See Availability in Your State for full details.
Select an option to view the full course requirements:
- Professional Communication
- Introduction to Literature
- Introduction to Language and Linguistics
- Children’s Literature
- Creative Writing
Updated June 2021. See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
How to Ensure Our Online Programs are Available to You
Students who reside outside New Hampshire and plan to enroll in Granite State College certification programs are responsible for verifying that the program meets requirements for licensure for educator certification in their state. Some states may have additional requirements and different certification areas.
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC