Our English Language Arts degrees are flexible programs for future teachers that allow a focus on liberal studies which provides pathways to a career in education.
Individuals may complete this degree with teacher certification at the undergraduate level, or pursue it without certification as a pathway to Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification.
Select an option to view the full course requirements:
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Survey of American Literature
- Expository Writing
- Disability in Literature
This important jumpstart will allow you to immerse yourself in your chosen major, saving you time and money as you progress towards your bachelor’s degree.
→ See Full Transfer Pathway Requirements
→Elementary Education and General Special Education
If you’re a NH Community College Graduate, check the prerequisites that you take prior to beginning your Transfer Pathway at Granite State. Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Online disclaimer: Students who reside outside New Hampshire and plan to enroll in Granite State College certification programs are responsible for verifying that the program meets requirements for licensure for educator certification in their state. Some states may have additional requirements and different certification areas. Visit Online Programs by State for details.
Because of critical shortages in Education, employment is thriving. There are many choices for specialization in this field and with a bachelor’s degree and teacher certification, you will find a variety of job prospects in the future. If you love working with children, this is a rewarding career.