Build Technical Skills and Harness Creativity
In a highly connected world, organizations across all sectors have less time to capture the attention of their potential customers. In this environment, the design of digital communications—from impactful visual elements, to sharp and effective written content—becomes more and more critical. Those who can align their messages across all communication modes, employ technology strategically, and respond to advancements in the field, may enjoy pursuing career opportunities in this dynamic field.
With our bachelor’s in Digital Communication Design, you’ll learn how to convey messages effectively, employ sound design principles using the Adobe Creative Cloud, and apply strategic marketing techniques. Specialize your learning experience by selecting a concentration that aligns with your professional interests and goals.
Select a Concentration
Your concentration will help you customize your degree program to complement your career goals. As a student, you’ll take your core degree requirements and enroll in a specific set of courses that relate to your chosen concentration area to complete your degree program.
- Introduction to Drawing
- Fundamentals of Design
- Digital Photography
- Web Development I
- Visual Media Production
- Principles of Marketing
- Trends in Digital and Social Media
- Synthetic Media and the Construction of Reality
- Integrative Capstone: Project in Digital Communication and Design
Updated June 2021. See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC