Advance Your Knowledge in Public Relations, Public Service, Nonprofit Advocacy, and Corporate Communications
The B.S. in Professional Communication prepares you for work in today’s complex information-based economy and media-driven culture. You’ll develop analytical thinking skills that will help you craft and deliver effective messages through written, spoken, and digital channels. In your courses, you’ll learn to use communications best practices to help organizations respond to both opportunities and threats.
Select a Concentration
Your concentration will help you customize your degree program to complement your career goals. As a student, you’ll take your core degree requirements and enroll in a specific set of courses that relate to your chosen concentration area to complete your degree program.
- Communication Theory
- Visual Media Production
- Persuasive Communication
- Interpersonal Communication and Group Dynamics
- Visual Communication
- Media and Strategic Communication
- Professional Communication
- Communication for Training and Performance Improvement
Updated June 2021. See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC