The B.S. in Communication Studies prepares you for work in today’s complex information-based economy and media-driven culture. You’ll develop analytical thinking skills that will help you craft and deliver effective messages through written, spoken, and digital channels. In your courses, you’ll learn to use communications best practices to help organizations respond to both opportunities and threats.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Website Development
- Foundations of Digital Media
- Media and Strategic Communication
- Research Methods or Strategic Data Analysis
- Survey foundational theories of communication relating to individuals, groups, and mass media.
- Create and deploy distinct messages suited to various audiences, situations, and settings.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of communication practices in organizations and effect strategic improvements to those practices.
- Analyze and critique rhetorical strategies and communication methods specific to cultural, media, and industry norms.
- Employ an understanding of the impact of cultural differences on communication in a global context.
- Demonstrate aptitude with research methods, both quantitative and qualitative, as these inform and shape the field of communication studies.
- Integrate individual reflection on questions of ethics, conflict, and citizenship as these shape human communication.
Step #1 – Earn Your Associate Degree
Your associate degree should contain the following courses as a foundation for this Transfer Pathway:
- Interpersonal Communications and Group Dynamics
- The Media and Its Messages
- Introduction to Ethics
Step #2 – Apply to Granite State College!
Contact us to set up an appointment or begin your application now. During this process, an advisor will review your transcripts to ensure your eligibility for the Transfer Pathway, or recommend a more helpful option for you.
Step #3 – Complete Your Degree Requirements
Review the courses you’ll take as a student by opening the Course Highlights tab above.
Are you from a NH Community College?
Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
With relevance to careers in public relations, nonprofit advocacy, corporate communications, and public service, Communications Studies has many niche areas that each offer dynamic career opportunities. Those who understand how to integrate technology to improve marketing strategy and track public behavior will be seen as an asset for employers focused on connecting with diverse audiences and customers.