Prepare for a career working with young children in the human services field. The B.S. in Applied Studies Option in Human Services and Early Childhood Development has five possible career tracks.

No Longer Accepting Applications
Starting with the 2019 Fall Term, this program is no longer accepting new students. Please speak with an advisor to discuss related program options.
Career Track Options

Select an option to view the full course requirements:

Students intending to earn the NHDHHS credential as a NH Early Childhood Administrator Level 3 are required to take a minimum of nine (9) post-secondary credits in administration/leadership coursework and twenty-four (24) credits in Early Childhood Education-related coursework.

This degree requires an associate degree from a regionally accredited college in a discipline aligning with Early Childhood Education. Professional licensure, certifications or training may serve as a foundation to this degree, upon approval by Academic Affairs.

Degree Program Details

An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.

Your Prior and Current Learning Counts

Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.

Learn More

Career Outlook

The Career Outlook will vary based on the specialty track option you choose. Below, you’ll find various job titles that fit each track:

Administration & Leadership Track

  • Child Care Center Director (private or public)
  • Lead EC Teacher (private or public)

Advocacy Track

  • Child Development Worker at a domestic violence shelter such as A Safe Place.
  • Volunteer Coordinator at a child advocacy center such as CASA.
  • Family Coordinator at a Visitation Center.
  • Advocate in diversion/delinquencies programs for Children in Need of Services (CHINS) and others

Allied Health Services Track

  • Family Worker at a Community Mental Health Center such as River Bend.
  • Family Worker at a Community Health Clinic such as Child Health Services

Child Services Track

  • Assessment worker or Family Service Worker for The NH Division for Children, Youth and Families.
  • Family worker or Home Visitor (direct work) for Private/Non-profit agencies such as Child and Family Services or Lutheran Social Services.
  • Family worker for Developmental Area Agency such as Easter Seals or Community Bridges.

Education Services Track

  • Family Worker or Home Visitor with Head Start or a Head Start Teacher.