The B.S. in Applied Studies – Education and Training is designed for those who’d like to use their expertise to train or teach adults. Specific careers may include: Facility Educator, Center Director, Senior Training Specialist, Education Resource Specialist, and Training and Development Consultant. Your courses will focus on adult learning and the theory and practice of teaching adults.
An earned Associate Degree in an applied field from a regionally accredited college is the required foundation for this program. Professional licensure, certifications, or training may serve as a foundation to this degree, upon approval by Academic Affairs.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Teaching and Learning in Adulthood
- The Learning Workplace
- Instructional Design and Interactive Learning
- Program Development and Learning
- Attain proficiency in the concepts, theories, and methods of inquiry pertinent to education and training of adults.
- Design teaching or training that integrates knowledge of an applied field with adult learning and theory.
- Apply ethical principles that inform the practice of teaching adults.
Step #1 – Earn Your Associate Degree
Your must have a conferred associate degree in one of the following area as a foundation for this Transfer Pathway:
- Applied Manufacturing & Engineering Technologies
- Construction, Energy & Industrial Technologies
- Environmental & Spatial Technologies
- Transportation Technologies
- Or a closely related applied field
Step #2 – Apply to Granite State College!
Contact us to set up an appointment or begin your application now. During this process, an advisor will review your transcripts to ensure your eligibility for the Transfer Pathway, or recommend a more helpful option for you.
Step #3 – Complete Your Degree Requirements
Review the courses you’ll take as a student by opening the Course Highlights tab above.
Are you from a NH Community College?
Visit CCSNH Partnerships to learn more.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Since the Applied Studies – Education and Training degree can apply to a variety of industries and professions, the career outlook will vary. As a student, work to gain experience in the areas that interest you the most in order to prepare for more sophisticated professional opportunities in the future.