This program helps you develop a strong foundation of courses in general education. An A.A. in General Studies can prepare you for transition to a bachelor’s degree program.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- The Writing Process
- Critical Inquiry
- Math for Our World
- Persuasive Communication
- American Culture
- Cultural Inquiry
- Social Science
- Scientific Inquiry
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year. Admission is granted to students who earned a high school diploma, completed a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency. Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Because you will gain experience in many different areas, what you do with the degree is up to you. As a student, identify where you want to focus your interests in the job market, and work to gain experience in those areas.