This degree provides a pathway to paraeducator certification and a variety of bachelor’s degree programs. Upon successful completion of the five foundational courses in the degree program, the School of Education will provide you with a Highly Qualified letter to submit with your Paraeducator Certification II application to the New Hampshire Department of Education.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- The Writing Process
- Critical Inquiry
- Math for Our World
- Foundations of Education
- Instructional Methods, Strategies, and Technologies to Meet the Needs of All Students
Note: These five courses serve as the five foundational courses and upon successful completion, the School of Education will provide students with a Highly Qualified letter for you to submit with your Paraeducator Certification II application to the NH Department of Education.
- Attain proficiency in the basic concepts, theories, and methods in Education.
- Evaluate ethical principles of Education.
- Prepare for the Paraeducator Certification II application to the NH DOE under Option C Alternative Assessment.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Because of critical shortages in education, there is a need for Highly Qualified candidates with Paraeducator Certification II. This pathway will help you gain experience to grow your career in education.