The A.S. in Early Childhood Education provides a thorough understanding of the young child. You’ll build skills to help guide children in their early education and learn about child and family development patterns. This degree prepares students for a smooth transition to the B.S. in Early Childhood Education with Teacher Certification, or the B.S. in Applied Studies Option in Human Services and Early Childhood Development.
Degree Program Details
An overview of what we offer, what you’ll learn, and how to get started.
- Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- Creative Arts in Early Childhood
- Language and Literary Development
- Mathematics & Science in Early Childhood Education
- Young Children with Exceptionalities
- Assessment of Young Children in Early Childhood and Special Education
- Child Development
- Attain proficiency in basic concepts, theories, and methods in Early Childhood Education.
- Evaluate ethical principles of Early Childhood Education.
- Prepare for a seamless transition to the Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education program with New Hampshire teacher certification in Early Childhood (N-3) and Early Childhood Special Education (Birth-Age 8) or other appropriate degree.
- Regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Available fully online with select on campus courses.
- Affordable tuition.
- Top-ranked by U.S. News & World Report for our online bachelor’s degrees.
- 84% of our students are transfer students. Making the most of your transfer credits is our specialty.
- Career counseling is available to all students and alumni. We also extend this service to those considering their college options.
- Faculty who are subject matter experts that share their real-world expertise to help you apply what you learn to your personal goals and career.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Because of critical shortages in education, employment opportunities are strong. There are many choices for specialization in Early Childhood Education. With an associate degree, you will have the opportunity to build towards future goals. If you love working with children, this is a rewarding career.