Build a Foundation in Behavioral Health
The A.S. in Behavioral Science provides an interdisciplinary approach to understanding human behavior within a global world view. Your courses will introduce you to the biological, psychological, social, and cultural variables of human behavior and within each concentration area, you’ll gain deeper-level knowledge. For example, the addictions studies concentration introduces students to the issues associated with supporting people involved with addictive behaviors.
For those looking to further their education beyond an associate, this degree can prepare you for a smooth transition to the bachelor’s in Psychology, Health and Wellness, Human Services, or Criminal Justice.
Select a Concentration
Your concentration will help you customize your degree program to complement your career goals. As a student, you’ll take your core degree requirements and enroll in a specific set of courses that relate to your chosen concentration area to complete your degree program.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Criminology
See catalog for full list of course requirements and degree outcomes.
Your Prior and Current Learning Counts
Many of our students can demonstrate college-level knowledge gained from military, workplace and volunteer-based training, and experiences. We are expert at helping students demonstrate learning and earning academic credit.Learn More
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year.
Our admission criteria includes:
- Completion of our free, online application for admission
- High school diploma, completion of a high school education in a homeschool setting under state law, or demonstrate high school equivalency.
- Successful completion of one of the following exams will be required for demonstrating high school equivalency: the GED, HiSET, or TASC