Work Study Openings
Federal work study encourages part-time employment related to a student's course of study and/or career interests while pursuing a post-secondary education. Both on-campus positions and off-site opportunities are available, as well as community service
Students must demonstrate financial need from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for this program.
Academic Support Center
Peer Tutors needed statewide to academically support current students in a variety of courses. Individualized tutoring sessions may involve support with computer usage, homework, papers, studying or projects. Math tutors will provide support with math concepts/theories, step-by-step problem solutions, review of homework and assignments for accuracy. English tutors will provide structural and rhetoric support to written assignments, proofread student papers offering suggestions for improvement in grammar, punctuation, sentence styles and citation.
- Be APA/MLA proficient;
- Have at least 36 college credits, a CGPA of 3.0 or higher, and a B+ or higher in the subjects being tutored;
- Be able to develop a rapport with faculty and student;
- Be trustworthy and dependable with basic computer skills;
- Be willing to communicate with faculty for clarification on assignments and expectations of the student’s work;
- And be willing to say NO if a student is asking you to do the work for them. Peer tutors are there to assist students in the learning process, not to do it for them.
During down time, peer tutors are expected to assist with campus activities or tasks. Contact Tina Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Off Campus Positions
Little Angels Service Dogs - Work Study Opportunity
Little Angels Service Dogs is a 501c3 non-profit Assistance Dogs International (ADI) Accredited service dog organization. Our mission is to help individuals live independently by placing highly skilled service dogs regardless of an individual’s disability. We work to prepare and place fully trained service dogs in homes with disabled children and adults -- both civilian and service members. As an ADI Accredited organization, our training practices are held to the highest standards in the industry. It is with this dedication to our recipients that we are able to change lives, one dog at a time.
Marketing and Development Administrative Assistant Job Description
Assist the marketing and development arm of Little Angels Service Dogs with administrative, marketing and development activities to include, but not limited to:
- Fundraising database entry
- Marketing research
- Writing acknowledgement letters
- Writing press releases
- Managing and updating website content
- Creating copy for social media platforms
- Preparing mailings
- Assisting with event preparation and the hosting of events
Candidate should be enthusiastic, personable, willing to assist in a variety of ways, have strong writing skills and good attention to detail.
Projects will vary and could include office administration, writing, editing and assistance with events to support marketing and development at Little Angels Service Dogs.
Interested candidates can send their application to Melody@littleangelssd.org.
Still need help? Contact us.
Report an Incident
For anonymous reporting of conduct violations, discrimination, harassment, or violence of any kind (i.e. sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking).