Online Tutoring Support
As a student, you have access to FREE tutoring options. Below you'll find an overview of our services, which range from one-on-one tutoring, on-demand web-based tutorials, and open office hours.
All tutoring sessions are available online. Use our online tutoring platform, Brainfuse, for 24/7 support or make an appointment to meet virtually with a member of our tutoring team.
Use up to eight hours of FREE online tutoring each month, as well as a wide range of online academic support using Brainfuse.
Sign in to your Canvas account and select Brainfuse Online Tutoring from the main menu to get started.
Once signed in, use Brainfuse to:
- Receive instant tutoring and interact with a live tutor. Live tutors are available in the following subject areas: Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Computers & Technology, Economics, Finance, Math, Physics, Reading, Spanish, Statistics, Writing, and more.
- Submit your writing to the Online Writing Lab for a review.
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
- Build skills & prep for tests in college readiness, college subjects, Accuplacer, Compass, and GRE.
- Create your own flashcards and online quizzes/games to reinforce classroom learning.
- Use eParachute to discover your strengths and unique talents to map out your future career.
- Form online study groups or schedule live sessions with peers/faculty instructors using the Meet collaborative whiteboard (audio capable).
- Record and email live tutoring sessions and video notes.
Access to FREE one-on-one math, writing, and general education tutoring options is available to all students.
Our team is committed to providing one-on-one tutoring sessions virtually via Zoom. If you need academic support, please do not hesitate to make an appointment.
To get started, please fill out the Tutor Request Form and familiarize yourself with our Tutoring Guidelines. Once we receive your request, it will be sent to the appropriate tutor and they will contact you to set up a time to meet.
• First Name
• Last Name
• Email Address
• Phone Number
• Course/Subject for Tutoring
• Type of Tutoring You Require
Need to take a math course and looking for support? We're here to help you prepare so you can meet the requirements to enroll in Math 502.
View Math Prep Options & Support
Online Office Hours
The office of Student Affairs hosts open office hours online with our Granite State College tutors during the first week of each academic term.
The open office hours will be conducted using Zoom. Please consult resources and technical requirements on our IT Support site if you’re unfamiliar with Zoom.
Tutors will be available for drop-in assistance with your online courses during this first week.
Tutors can assist with the following areas:
- Navigating Your Online Courses
- Submitting discussion posts
- Connecting with your instructor or classmates
- Submitting assignments
- Registering for the online tutorials via Brainfuse
Select the Term Below to View the Office Hours Tutoring Schedule and Details:
2023 Spring Term
Monday April 3 through Friday April 7
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Still need help? Contact us.
Report an Incident
For anonymous reporting of conduct violations, discrimination, harassment, or violence of any kind (i.e. sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking).