With your academic advisor, you’ll gain a true partner who can help you make the most of your educational experience at Granite State College. Each time we meet, we’ll strive to create a welcoming environment and encourage you to share your goals, passions, dreams, strengths, and, yes, concerns. Through our conversations, we’ll gain a picture of where you’d like to go, what’s important to you, and how we can best help you reach your goals.
The Role of Your Advisor
A typical advising conversation may cover the following topics:
- Academic and career guidance
- Developing and implementing sound academic plans that are consistent with your personal and professional goals
- Tips to help you become self-directed learners and decision makers
- How to uncover strengths and skills and co-create action plans to reach goals
- General conversation that build trust and rapport with students
RELATED BLOG POSTS
- Achieving Your Goals with the Support of Your Academic Advisor
- Reaching Your Potential with Academic and Career Counseling
Ask Your Advisor About:
- Academic planning and goal setting
- Academic policy and procedure
- Account setup
- Applying transfer credits
- Area of interest career info
- Course selection and registration
- Degree programs
- Payment arrangements
- Referring you to other services
Still need help? Contact us.
Report an Incident
For anonymous reporting of conduct violations, discrimination, harassment, or violence of any kind (i.e. sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking).