Independent Learning Agreements
Requesting a Course & Developing an Independent Learning Agreements
Undergraduate and School of Education Students
If there’s a course you’d like to take that is not scheduled for the upcoming term, you can make a formal request to take the course. There are two primary types of requests:
- Courses in the Catalog
- Courses not offered at Granite State College
Courses in the Catalog
If you need a certain course from the Catalog in order to progress in your degree program, and this course isn’t offered, you can submit a request to take this course independently. Instead of being in a class with multiple students, you will work independently to complete the required assignments under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
Courses not offered at Granite State College: Unique Independent Learning Agreements
Policies & Guidelines
The following conditions must be met to initiate an independent learning agreement:
- Students must submit the request by the deadline for that term
- The course must be appropriate to the student’s program of study
- All requests are subject to approval by Academic Affairs based on student’s degree completion plan and academic history
- All requests are subject to the availability of a faculty member
Visit the Course Request and Independent Learning Agreement website and contact your advisor.
Still need help? Contact us.
Report an Incident
For anonymous reporting of conduct violations, discrimination, harassment, or violence of any kind (i.e. sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking).