Granite State College is joining University of New Hampshire as the College of Professional Studies.


Graduate Student Resources

Below are the answers to questions other students have asked about our master’s degree programs. If you have a question, chances are you’ll find your answer here and if not, please reach out to Graduate Studies and we’ll be happy to help!

Graduate Studies:

Program Information

How can I access student orientation?

Our orientation is formatted as an online course in Canvas. Simply visit Graduate Resources and Orientation to get started. You'll be given access to this course after you register, so you can refer back to it at anytime if you need a refresher.

Is there a thesis requirement for the graduate program?

There is no thesis requirement for any graduate program. Instead, we require you to demonstrate your comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter through the development and execution of your integrative capstone project.

Does Granite State College have a library?

Yes—our library is 100% online and provides 24/7 access to the full-text of scholarly journals and thousands of other periodicals that support all programs of study. In addition, Granite State College is a member of the New Hampshire College and University Council which allows our students and faculty to borrow books and materials from member institutions. To access the library, please visit:

Where can I find the College’s academic policies?

See the Academic Catalog for a full listing of our policies. Our Student Handbooks include additional college policy related to conduct and acceptable behavior in our community, and outlines the procedures to be followed when these expectations are not met.

Am I issued a student picture ID?

Student ID cards are available for accepted and matriculated students. Submit an ID Card Request form to initiate the process.

What is the difference between the various types of courses?

We offer classes in a variety of different formats. No matter the format, all courses cover the same material.

Type Description
Face-to-Face (F2) Meet every week of the term on campus for face-to-face instruction between students and instructors.
Online (OL) Course instruction occurs completely online. There is no face-to-face requirement.
Blended (BL) Combination of face-to-face and online. Meet every week on campus and remaining instruction occurs online.
Hybrid (HY) Meet on campus during certain pre-selected weeks during the term. Remaining instruction occurs online.
Intensives (IN) Individual class time is longer, but the course takes place over a shorter time period.
Field-Based (FB) 1:1 weekly meetings during the course based on times mutually determined by student and faculty.
Online Blended (OB) Course instruction occurs completely online throughout the term and includes weekly scheduled live video sessions (ET) between students and the instructor.
Online Hybrid (OH) Course instruction occurs completely online throughout the term and incorporates several live video sessions between students and the instructor. Please check the course schedule for the specific dates and times of the live video sessions (ET ).

How many courses are there in each program?

A total of ten 3-credit courses are required to complete a graduate degree for a total of 30-credits with the exception of M.S. Instruction and Leadership, requiring 36 credits. Courses are 6 or 12 weeks each, and in the Summer term, 10 weeks each.

What is considered a full load term?

For graduate students, it’s at least 6 credit hours taken concurrently. To take more than six credits during a term, you must have a record of successful study with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Ask your advisor for details.

Are there resources to help me earn my degree?

Yes, the College has a Career Services department, which assists prospective students during the application process to develop or update one’s resume and write a personal statement. They can also help you find a job or internship. Once a student is enrolled, Student Counseling Services are available for free. Tutoring is also offered for free.


What are the requirements for admissions?

Granite State College seeks candidates with strong academic preparation, leadership potential, and a demonstrated commitment to their field of study. See application requirements for full details.

What undergraduate degree do I need in order to apply?

No specific bachelor’s degree is required to apply to our graduate programs. Graduate degrees are designed for individuals who want to make a career change, current professionals who want to further develop in their profession, and individuals from a variety of disciplines who want to expand their job opportunities.

Are the GMAT or GRE required?

No, neither the GMAT or GRE are required to apply for a graduate course or a graduate program.

Can I transfer credits?

Graduate Studies does not accept transfer credits with the exception of the M.S. Instruction and Leadership program which requires completion of a post-baccalaureate teacher certification at GSC of at least 24 credits prior to admission.

I earned a bachelor's degree from Granite State College. Do I need to provide an official transcript to apply for my master’s?

Our alumni are not required to provide an official transcript. Your academic record will be obtained by the program staff.

When can I apply?

Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.

How quickly is an admissions decision made?

Once all materials are received a decision is usually available within 2 business days.

What if I don’t meet the minimum GPA requirement?

Students can enroll in up to 4 courses as a non-degree student. Non-degree students are not matriculating and are not eligible for financial aid. Once 4 graduate courses are complete with a student earning a B or better, the student can reapply for admission. If accepted, the courses count toward one’s degree.

Can I "test the waters" and take a few courses before applying to a graduate program?

Yes, you can. Students can take up to four courses before applying to a graduate program as a non-degree student. See graduate non-degree options and instructions to apply.

I have earned a Master's Degree from Granite State College, and I'd like to enroll in another graduate program to earn a second Master's Degree. Is this possible?

Yes! It is possible to earn more than one Master's Degree from Granite State College. You can apply up to 9 credits from your previous graduate coursework completed with a grade of B or higher to your second degree. Your second program must approve the coursework, and you still must complete all other specific degree requirements and capstone courses for both programs. Contact Graduate Studies for more information.



How much is graduate tuition?

We are proud to have some of the most affordable graduate programs in the region! See Tuition & Fees for more detail.

When is my tuition bill due?

View our Academic Calendar for the payment deadline, as well as other key dates.

Accessing My Accounts

How do I get my password to access WebROCK, Canvas, and my Go.Granite Email?

You’ll create your account using your GSC ID. Visit IT Support for step-by-step instructions.



What is WebROCK?

WebROCK is Granite State College's online student information system which allows you to view grades, financial aid information, make payments, register for courses, and more. Visit to sign in.

What is Canvas?

Canvas is our online Learning Management System which provides access to all of our online classes.



Is there someone I can talk to about my resume?

Yes! We offer free career advising for students and alumni.

I’m going through a stressful situation in my personal life. Does the College offer any support?

Free, confidential counseling is available to all students. You’re eligible for six free counseling sessions and can speak with a professional by phone or receive a referral to a local counselor at no cost to you.

Does Granite State College have ADA accommodations?

Granite State College will provide qualified individuals with disabilities the same educational opportunities available to persons without disabilities. When an individual's documented disability creates a barrier to educational opportunities, the College will attempt reasonable accommodation to remove the barrier. Conditions such as physical limitation, illness, or learning disability do not prevent an individual from being a productive learner. Visit Student Disabilities Services for more information.


Where's the course schedule?

Our Course Schedule is online. A print version will also be sent to your mailing address. In it, you’ll find a listing of all the courses being offered in the upcoming term and registration steps.

How do I register for classes?

Registering for classes is done online using WebROCK.

What courses should I take?

Consult your advisor to determine what courses you should take. WebROCK makes it easy to drop and add courses, but you are responsible for tuition and fees for any course you register for, so be sure to pay attention to the drop deadlines. Most students take one or two courses each term. Two courses is considered a full time course load, which totals eight credits for undergraduates and six credits for master’s degree-seeking students.

What if I need to change my course registrations?

Prior to the payment deadline, you can manage your course choices in WebROCK. After that point, reach out to your advisor or the Registrar’s Office to adjust your schedule. Remember: course registrations that occur after the term’s payment deadline will require immediate payment.

Still need help? Contact us.

Report an Incident

For anonymous reporting of conduct violations, discrimination, harassment, or violence of any kind (i.e. sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking).

File a Report