Granite State College is joining University of New Hampshire as the College of Professional Studies.

FAQ About C.A.P.P.

Learn how maximize use of our degree audit system to plan your progress toward degree completion.

What is the Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning (CAPP)?

This online system allows you to track your progress towards degree completion. One feature of CAPP is the ability to view how your courses and credits fulfill degree requirements by generating your degree evaluation.

What is a degree audit?

A degree audit is a review of past, current, and "planned" coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a degree/major/minor/concentration.

Can I access CAPP on any computer?

Yes. You can access CAPP on any computer. Simply sign in through WebROCK.

Is my information confidential?

Yes. CAPP is accessed through your secure WebROCK account. Remember that your academic advisor and select staff are able to view the information contained in GPS.

Who has the ability to access CAPP?

Currently, CAPP is available to all degree-seeking undergraduate, graduate, and Post-Bacc. students that started their degree prior to the fall of 2013.

How current will my information be in CAPP?

The information in CAPP is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in your degree audit the next day.

Can I register for classes in CAPP? 

No. CAPP is a snapshot of courses in-progress, planned, and in academic history. Registration will continue to be handled through WebROCK and your academic advisor.

Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements?

Yes. CAPP is laid out in block format displaying degree, major, minor, and concentration requirements information. Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that you still need to complete.

Are my grades visible in CAPP?

Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of each term, they are viewable in CAPP following the nightly refresh; however, your grades are viewable in WebROCK immediately once posted by an instructor. Courses in progress is reflected with a "REG" in the grade column.

Can I see a list of all of the classes I’ve taken?

Yes. On the Audit tab, click on the Class History link at the top for a printable list of courses taken at the College as well as any transfer courses. This is not an official transcript.

What do I do if I believe my academic information is incorrect?

You should consult your academic advisor for a review of your audit.

Why isn’t my information reflected as up-to-date?

There could be several reasons. First, CAPP may not have refreshed since a change was made (the information is refreshed nightly). Second, there could be some paperwork that needs to be completed. For example, if you have submitted a change of program request, it is possible that the form is in process.

How can I update information?

You cannot update course information in CAPP. Please work with your academic advisor to understand any process that needs to be completed.

How do I run a degree audit using CAPP?

  • Sign in to WebROCK
  • Click on Student Records
  • Select Degree Evaluation
  • Select the term or the most current term for which you are registered
  • Click submit
  • At the bottom of the audit you will see a place to click on “generate updated evaluation”

Will I be able to view my entire course history?

CAPP uses the information that is current from your transcript. You will be able to view any courses that have been completed, registered for, or transferred by the date your audit was last refreshed. Keep in mind that any transfer work or grade changes that have not been formally submitted and accepted will not appear on your audit.

If I think my audit is incorrect, whom do I contact?

Your academic advisor is your primary point of contact. If your advisor determines that your audit is incorrect, he/she will contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.

How do I know what classes I need to take?

Your audit will outline courses still needed to meet degree, major, minor, and/or concentration requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

Why isn’t my transfer work meeting a requirement?

There could be two reasons. First, the course did not meet either the minimum number of credits and/or minimum grade requirement for use in your program of study. Second, all requirements have been met and this course is simply not needed.

My academic advisor indicated that a course I took would be substituted for a requirement. Why doesn’t this information appear in my audit?

You should contact your advisor to resolve any substitution issues. Any waivers, substitutions, or exceptions for major, minor, or concentration requirements must be communicated to the Registrar’s Office from Academic Affairs.


Still need help? Contact us.

Report an Incident

For anonymous reporting of conduct violations, discrimination, harassment, or violence of any kind (i.e. sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking).

File a Report