Tips & Tricks for Adjusting to the New Email Environment
Now that the email migration is complete, here are some tips and tricks for successfully navigating the new environment.
- Clear your browser cache to sweep anyway any old cached mail sessions into the old go.granite.edu email domain. Instructions for clearing your cache can be found here: https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=2469
- Update any old bookmarks you may have saved in your web browser or on your computer that you may have used as quick links into your Granite.edu email. New bookmarks should point to https://outlook.com/granite.edu
- If you read your mail on your mobile device, you will want to delete the old granite email account and re-add it with updated information about the merged environment. Outlook is the recommended app for email.
- Instructions for adding Outlook to your mobile device are here: https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=1650
- Instructions for updating the built-in email app on your mobile device can be found here: https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=1652
- Struggling with managing your newly combined go.granite.edu and granite.edu in-box? see our FAQ on managing email in the integrated Microsoft environment: https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=3881
You may also have noticed a change in the way names are displayed in your Granite email. Now all users whose primary affiliation is Granite State College, will see names displayed as first name last name (i.e. Pat Smith).
Submit an IT Help Request