Health Update: Preparing for Return to Campus

Resources for Students Affected by the Government Shutdown


Support & FAQs

We’re committed to ensuring that you remain in your classes and keep making progress toward earning your degree. Your academic advisor and the entire staff are ready to answer any questions and work with you.

Key Contacts:

Frequently Asked Questions

Will this affect my federal financial aid, grants, or loans?

At this time all federal financial aid offices are operational and funds are expected to be disbursed on schedule.

Also, the various federal aid programs including Pell Grants, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG), and Stafford Loans are not affected by the partial government shutdown.  Students will receive disbursements as scheduled based on their eligibility and enrollment.

Can I apply for financial aid during the partial government shutdown?

Yes, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available during the partial government shutdown. Applications will be processed, and information shared with schools.

I have been selected for Verification and must provide additional information, but I am having a hard time getting it from a government agency.  What should I do?

Selected students will be required to submit additional information or documentation during the application process.  If you encounter difficulty in obtaining this documentation as a result of the partial government shutdown, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 603-513-1392 or

Will this affect veterans’ education benefits and services?

No. The Department of Veterans Affairs is fully funded through fiscal year 2019 and all VA operations are unaffected. and

I’m counting on my tax return to help me pay tuition. Will that be delayed?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, it plans to “provide refunds to taxpayers as scheduled.”

Will I receive the 1098-T tax form by the end of January?

Yes, these forms are available now.  If you are eligible to receive a 1098-T, you can retrieve one electronically by following these steps:

  • Visit
  • Click the “First Time Students” button
  • Enter your first and last name and the last 5 digits of your Social Security number
  • Click “Submit”
  • If you are eligible, you will be instructed to create an account.  Follow the instructions on the website to create a free account and retrieve your 1098-T form. If records are not found for you or you have difficulty creating account, use the “Help” link in the left menu or call GDIT TRA Services Help Desk at 1-800-223-0043 available from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday.

If you do not retrieve your 1098-T electronically, one will be mailed to you after the end of January 2019, so we encourage you to access the online version to expedite the process. Those who retrieve their 1098-T online will NOT receive a mailed copy. You can go to the website as often as needed to retrieve a copy.

Will there be any delays in receiving my credit balance refund of financial aid after all of my charges for the term are paid?

Checks and electronic refunds will be drawn and sent for credit balances as scheduled based on student eligibility and enrollment. Late starting courses have different disbursement dates.

I am a government employee that is impacted by the partial government shutdown and I’m having trouble making timely payments on my Tuition Management Payment Plan for the Winter term.  Will my account be charged a late fee and/or cancelled due to late payments? If you are a family experiencing a financial hardship as a result of the shutdown, any late fee(s) assessed will be waived.  The plan will also be flagged so no future late fees will assess or payment plan cancelled during the remainder of the term. If you are worried about your ability to make payments because you are a federal employee, please contact our Student Accounts Office at (603) 513-1330 or