Supporting Airmen’s College Education
We are proud to be among a select group of colleges authorized to participate in the Community College of the Air Force’s General Education Mobile (GEM) program and help Airmen earn an Associate in Applied Science degree. We are even more honored when servicemembers choose to continue their education in one of our online Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) programs.
What We Offer for Airmen
Credit for Your Training
We award the maximum credit for your military training based on American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations. We also offer other options that let you demonstrate college-level learning, such as workplace training and equivalency tests (DANTES, CLEP).
Minimal Out-of-Pocket Expense
Maximize your military education benefits with our affordable tuition and fees. Through our Active Duty Tuition Discount and participation in the Post 9/11 Yellow Ribbon program, we’re committed to supporting those who served regardless of residency status.
Active Duty Tuition Discount
We cap our undergraduate tuition rate at $250/credit so it matches the DoD Tuition Assistance (TA) Program. Graduate students receive a 15% discount on their cost per credit.
Advantages for CCAF Grads
We guarantee at least 64 credits to transfer from CCAF and accept credit from hundreds of AFSC and military courses for specialized content. This could leave you with as few as 30 credits remaining in an AU-ABC degree programs.
Accredited and Available 100% Online
We are a public, nonprofit college that’s regionally accredited. U.S. News & World Report ranks us among the nation’s best online bachelor’s degrees and graduate business programs, and every undergraduate and master’s degree is available online.
Open Admissions—Start Anytime!
We offer 8 opportunities each year for you to start your coursework. Take one course per term to qualify as a part-time student or take two+ courses to be considered full-time.
GEM Program Information
Below you’ll find a list of Granite State College courses that fulfill the general education requirements for your AAS degree at CCAF. Find your course and then visit our Course Schedule to see when it’s scheduled next.
- ARTS 550 – Arts History: Western World (4 credits)
- ARTS 551 – Survey of World Architecture (4 credits)
- ENG 504 – Introduction to Literature (4 credits)
- ENG 508 – The Media and Its Messages (4 credits)
- ENG 510 – Survey of American Literature (4 credits)
- ENG 512 – British Literature I (4 credits)
- ENG 555 – Children’s Literature (4 credits)
- HUMN 504 – World Religions (4 credits)
- HUMN 505 – Introduction to Ethics (4 credits)
- HUMN 560 – Elementary Spanish I (4 credits)
- MATH 502 – Math for Our World (4 credits)
- MATH 504 – Statistics (4 credits)
- COMM 540 – Persuasive Communication (4 credits)
- HIS 502 – Great Civilizations (4 credits)
- HIS 510 – United States History to 1865 (4 credits)
- HIS 511 – United States History: 1865 to the Present (4 credits)
- HIS 512 – European History: Renaissance through the Industrial Revolution (4 credits)
- HIS 513 – European History: 19th & 20th Centuries (4 credits)
- HIS 618 – History of World War II (4 credits)
- POL 550 – American Government and Politics (4 credits)
- PSY 501 – Introduction to Psychology (4 credits)
- PSY 509 – Human Development (4 credits)
- SOC 501 – Introduction to Sociology (4 credits)
- ENG 500 – The Writing Process (4 credits)
Air University: Associate to Bachelor’s
If you earned your Associate in Applied Science degree from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), take the next step: transfer to Granite State College and complete your bachelor’s degree.
If you are eligible, you will not have to take more than 60 credits to complete one of our CCAF degree programs:
Using Your Air Force Benefits
Visit Military Benefits to learn how to finance your education using Air Force and VA Benefits, including:
- Requesting Your Transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) using the Air Force Virtual Education Center
- Federal Tuition Assistance
- GI Bill® Benefits
- National Guard Tuition Waiver
Granite State College is approved by the NHSAA Office to administrate VA Educational Benefits for eligible students. The VA makes eligibility determinations and students that believe they may be eligible for benefits under the GI Bill® should seek determination from the VA. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website: https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Below, we also feature a collection of helpful links to help you access direct direct support from the VA, DoD, and U.S. Department of Education.