The application process for the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Programs is a two-part application process. Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year. There are four start dates (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer) throughout the academic year.
Part I: Application for Admissions
- Passing Praxis CORE scores or an acceptable alternative must be submitted by completion of EDU 700 Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements for full admissions status. Most programs have a couple of courses that can be taken prior to EDU 700.
Part II: Supporting Documents
Below is a full list of items that need to be submitted to complete the admission process and gain full admission status. These items will be submitted to the School of Education. Part II of the application must be received by completion of EDU 700 Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements for full admission to the program and to continue with clinical courses.
- Official transcripts for all previous college work. Make arrangements with these institutions to have your transcripts emailed to Admissions or mailed to: Admissions, Granite State College, 25 Hall Street, Concord, NH 03301.
*Must include translation and evaluation if completed outside of the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university. Strong candidates with less than a 3.0 GPA will be considered.
- 500-1,000 word essay. See the application for details.
- Three letters/forms of professional or academic reference.
- Current resume.
- Passing PRAXIS CORE Academic Skills for Educators scores or current teacher certification.
- Identification of Field Placement and Supervising Practitioner or Mentor.
Additional Requirements Completed in EDU 700 Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements Include:
- Criminal History Records Check.
- TaskStream Subscription.
- Purchase Educator Toolkit.
- Conditional Admission Status
This is a term we use to categorize candidates who have not completed their application process or met our Post-Baccalaureate Program full admission criteria. These students may enroll in up to eight post-baccalaureate credits without being fully admitted to the program. Conditional admission status will change to full admission status once the application has been completed and once the required conditions have been met. Full admission status is required for completion of EDU 700.
- Full Admission Status
Full Admission status is attained when all transcripts, official Praxis Core scores, NH DOE waiver for equivalent exam or copy of teaching certification are received and the application is completed and approved by the School of Education during EDU 700. Candidates will also file the Supervising Practitioner forms during EDU 700. Full Admission status is required for completion of EDU 700.
Students who do not satisfy Part II of the application process in EDU 700 will not be eligible to continue with the program or register for subsequent courses.