Alumni and Friends Pay it Forward with Scholarships for Bachelor’s-degree Seeking Students
January 13, 2021
Since 1990, more than $100,000 in scholarships have been awarded to deserving students. These funds are provided by the generous donations of our alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of the College. This scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to eligible Granite State College students who are pursuing their bachelor’s degree.
Kate Lalonde ’23, an Early Childhood Education major from South Strafford, Vermont, is a past recipient of the scholarship and shared her desire for a college education:
“I want to set a good example for my daughter that with hard work and perseverance, anything can be accomplished. With further education, I can make a real difference for the young children in my town, and for my family.”
To apply for the scholarship, students must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Currently enrolled either full- or part-time in a bachelor’s degree program
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credits at Granite State College
- Must have completed a minimum of two terms at Granite State College
- Must demonstrate some level of need as determined by the FAFSA
Applicants are also required to submit a 300-word essay. Essay should address the following topics. Along with the demonstration of need, your essay response will guide the Scholarship Selection Committee in its selection process.
- Describe how your education will help you grow personally or advance professionally. Include details about your goals.
- What motivated you to return to school?
- If applicable, please include any special circumstances that have impacted your ability to attend college or complete your degree.
- If you have received the Alumni Scholarship and want to re-apply, please address how this scholarship has helped you.
Applications are accepted on a quarterly basis. The deadline is two weeks prior to the tuition payment deadline.
- 2021 Spring Term – March 24, 2021
- 2021 Summer Term – June 23, 2021
- 2021 Fall Term – October 20, 2021