Application Procedures for Post-Baccalaureate Programs
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, with the opportunity to begin studies during the Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer terms.
Below is a full list of items that need to be submitted to complete the admission process and gain full admission status.
To get started simply submit Part I of the online application. This will allow you to call (1-855-GSC4ALL) to register for classes.
Below is a full list of items that need to be submitted to complete the admission process and gain full admission status. These items will be submitted during EDU 700 Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements.
- Completed application for admission.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work. (Please request these with Part I of your application.)
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university. Strong candidates with less than a 3.0 GPA will be considered.
- 500-1,000 word essay. See the application for details.
- Three letters/forms of professional or academic reference.
- Current resume.
- Copy of existing certification, if applicable.
- Passing Praxis CORE scores or an acceptable alternative: master’s degree or qualifying SAT, GRE, or ACT.
Submit transcripts to:
Granite State College
School of Education
25 Hall Street
Concord, NH 03301
Other documents must be submitted during EDU 700 Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements for full admission into the program.
Conditional Admission Status
This is a term we use to categorize candidates who have not completed their application process or met GSC’s Post-Baccalaureate Program full admission criteria. These students may enroll in up to eight post-baccalaureate credits without being fully admitted to the program. Conditional admission status will change to full admission status once the application has been completed and once the required conditions have been met. Full admission status is required for completion of EDU 700.
Full Admission Status
Full Admission status is attained during EDU 700 when the application is complete, all transcripts and references have been received and approved by the School of Education and official Praxis Core (or alternative) scores or copy of teaching certification are received. Candidates will also file the Supervising Practitioner forms during EDU 700. Full Admission status is required for completion of EDU 700.
All applications are reviewed by the Dean and Associate Dean of the School of Education.