Application Procedures for Post-Baccalaureate Programs
Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, with the opportunity to begin studies during the Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer terms.
Below is a full list of items that need to be submitted to complete the admission process and gain full admission status.
However, to get started simply submit an application form and your unofficial transcripts.
- Completed application for admission.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work.
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university. Strong candidates with less than a 3.0 GPA will be considered.
- 500-1,000 word essay. See page 2 of the application for admission.
- Three letters of professional or academic reference.
- Current resume.
- Copy of existing certification, if applicable.
- Passing Praxis I scores or an acceptable alternative: master’s degree or qualifying SAT, GRE, or ACT.
- $45 application fee. Pay with a credit card by calling 603-822-5431 or mail a check or money order with your application.
Submit materials to:
School of Education
Granite State College
35E Industrial Way, Suite 101
Rochester, NH 03867
Conditional Admission Status
This is a term we use to categorize candidates who have not completed their application process or met GSC’s Post-Baccalaureate Program full admission criteria. These students may enroll in up to twelve post-baccalaureate credits without being fully admitted to the program. Conditional admission status will change to full admission status once the application has been completed and once the required conditions have been met.
Full Admission Status
Fully admitted status is attained when the application is complete, the application fee has been paid, and all transcripts and references have been received and approved by the School of Education. Candidates will also need to have filed the District Authorization Mentor Application with the School of Education and attend the New Student Orientation. Teacher candidates will receive notification by mail when they attain full admission status.
Priority is given to applications that are received at least two weeks prior to the start of the term. Students who submit their materials after these dates will not be guaranteed full admission and may not be eligible for financial aid for the upcoming term.
All applications are reviewed by the Dean and Associate Dean of the School of Education.