Operations Management (B.S.)
Learn how to be effective as a manager and leader while making strategic contributions with your knowledge of operations, production, quality, project management, and technology. This Operations Management program provides a sound education in business with an emphasis on operations, including project management, supply chain management, quantitative methods, and quality control. As an Operations Manager, you will have opportunities to lead and provide training of staff in the implementation, development and improvement of essential systems. The degree also serves as appropriate preparation for GSC’s Master of Science in Project Management. Specific careers may include: Project Manager, Director of Operations, Business Systems Analyst, Manager of Customer Care, Facilities Operations Manager, and Distribution Operations Supervisor.
- demonstrate knowledge of the essentials of business operations.
- apply quantitative methods to problem-solving in business analysis and operational decision-making.
- explore management theories in the context of organizations and their development.
- develop awareness of ethical and legal frameworks for business.
- analyze business strengths and weaknesses from multiple perspectives, including fiscal, quality, and supply chain.
- integrate information, data, and technology into the framing and solving of problems.
- deploy a global perspective on business and economic functions.
- manage and lead strategically to enhance performance for individuals, teams, and organizations.
Flexible delivery formats such as evening, online, hybrid, and weekend intensive courses ensure that the program is accessible to working adults of all ages. In addition, this degree allows a seamless transition from the associate to the baccalaureate degree. See a list of required courses for this program on our Curriculum Map. Download a printable version of the curriculum map.