Digital and Social Media (B.S.)
Work in an information-based economy and be an engaged citizen of a media-driven culture. With a degree in Digital and Social Media, you can pursue employment in a variety of industries that require a strategic understanding of digital content and social media tools, enhanced by knowledge of design and production fundamentals. The Digital and Social Media degree program also prepares students for the expanding fields of digital communication and social media as used in business and the public sphere, and inspires ongoing learning to stay current with emerging tools. Specific careers may include: Multimedia Designer, Web Developer, E-Marketing Associate, Graphic Designer, Digital Media Assistant, Digital Content Developer.
- express ideas and concepts through the development of digital content.
- employ sound design principles.
- create digital and social media for effective marketing.
- implement and assess strategies for social media.
- design and evaluate the effectiveness of interactive web sites.
- select appropriate technology for specific objectives.
- apply theories of communication to individuals, groups, and mass media.
- integrate understanding of cultural differences in a global context.
- demonstrate aptitude with research methodology and data analysis as these inform the fields of communication and media.
- reflect on questions of ethics, privacy, conflict, and citizenship to frame understanding of digital and social media.
Flexible delivery formats such as evening, online, hybrid, and weekend intensive courses ensure that the program is accessible to working adults of all ages. In addition, this degree allows a seamless transition from the associate to the baccalaureate degree.
See a list of required courses for this program on our Curriculum Map. Download a printable version of the curriculum map.