Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
Network Administrator (PAT 22)
Granite State College seeks a passionate, motivated Network Administratorto advance the college’s public mission by taking responsibility for the installation, maintenance, and support for operating servers and associated LAN and workstation hardware and application software. This position is also responsible for network and security applications.
This multi-faceted position reports to the Director of IT in the department of Integrated Technologies and Services. Responsibilities will include
- Applying expertise regarding standard networking protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Performing system administration functions including system maintenance, workstation support, Internet connectivity, security services, load monitoring, and back-up procedures.
- Supporting Windows XP, 7, and Mac OS and applications for end-users
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting hardware.
- Implementing LAN/WAN networking designs and applications.
- Implementing server upgrades service-packs
- Providing excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related area plus four years of IT work experience, or Associate degree in Computer Science and six years of IT experience, or a combination of technical training/certification, and eight years of related IT experience.
- Effective working as part of a team and working independently.
- Broad knowledge and experience with Active Directory services/applications.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Expert at analyzing complex functions, creating, developing and documenting procedures.
- Excellent problem solving skills to find creative, logical, and effective IT solutions.
- Mastery of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS; Linux, and Windows Server 2003, Server 2008 platforms including security protocols and procedures.
- Ability to build and support SharePoint 2007/2010 and SQL Server
- Excellent multi-tasking skills to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting network clients and servers.
- Demonstrated experience in the design and monitoring of security for complex networks
- Experience with TCP/IP subnetting and VLAN’s
- Experience administering networking hardware, including but not limited to routers, switches and physical wires
- Knowledge of firewalls, anti-virus, encryption algorithms and monitoring tools.
- Experience in higher education IT environment.
Salary Range: Minimum $54,260, not normally to exceed $61,620. Comprehensive USNH benefits package.
Application Process: Please email letter of interest, résumé, and three professional references to:
Granite State College
Integrated Technologies and Services
ATTN: Network Administrator Search Committee
Applications will be reviewed beginning October 10, 2012. Any travel expenses incurred as part of the application and interview process are the responsibility of the applicant.
Granite State College is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted October 5, 2012.