Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
Assistant Dean of Faculty, Undergraduate Studies (PAT- 22)
Granite State College is seeking a strong operational administrator with academic affairs expertise for the position of Assistant Dean of Faculty in the division of Undergraduate Studies. Reporting to the Dean of Undergraduate Studies, this full-time position requires aptitude in working effectively and efficiently with faculty, staff, and students while ensuring that the systems and processes that support teaching and learning are optimized. In addition to operational oversight, the Assistant Dean of Faculty will advance the College’s goals in undergraduate teaching and learning excellence by providing leadership in evaluation and assessment. Academic expertise at the level of an earned doctorate in the social sciences, organizational leadership, or a related field, is required.
- Recruit, hire, support, supervise and evaluate part-time faculty teaching face to face, blended, and online undergraduate courses offered at locations College-wide, with an emphasis on disciplines in the Assistant Dean's area of academic training;
- Oversee the hiring of part-time undergraduate faculty, ensuring appropriate integration across disciplines through effective systems and standardization
- Consult with faculty, students, and staff colleagues to manage operational issues related to faculty and teaching;
- Forecast instructional needs for terms spanning the academic year
- Administer and interpret policy by working directly with students, faculty, and staff, including in the areas of grade appeals and academic honesty;
- Serve as undergraduate lead for the evaluation of teaching effectiveness through management of a multi-faceted faculty evaluation model, fostering goal attainment both individually and collectively by establishing appropriate metrics and reporting;
- Contribute to the assessment of undergraduate learning and related academic initiatives;
- Oversee undergraduate faculty communication;
- Contribute to budget management;
- Assist in ensuring readiness for regional re-accreditation and related endeavors.
- an earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, with expertise in one or more social science fields
- a minimum of 5 years administrative experience in higher education, including experience with faculty recruitment, retention, and supervision
- ability to establish strong working relationships and effective communication with faculty
- a minimum of 3 years college-level teaching, ideally in teaching adults and including online teaching
- excellent oral and written communication abilities
- strong aptitude with technology
- ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities both individually and for a team
- ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Dedication to promoting an access mission, student retention for degree completion, and academic excellence
The position is based at Granite State College’s Rochester Campus. Must be willing to travel statewide, particularly to Concord, as needed.
Salary: $54,500; not normally to exceed $58,000
A review of résumés will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted October 4, 2012.