Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
Videographer/Editor - PAT Range 15
Granite State College
Granite State College is dedicated to producing top-notch instructional and promotional materials to enhance student learning and showcase the College’s brand. Granite State College seeks a creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative videographer/editor to join the Department of Integrated Technologies & Services. This position will develop and implement video and collaborate on other multimedia resources to enhance online and classroom learning and to support public relations endeavors.
Work with the Director of Public Affairs, the Dean of Enrollment Management and the Director of Educational Technologies to develop a comprehensive college wide strategy for expanding the use of video and multimedia at the College.
Develop and edit high-quality, compelling videos and multimedia projects that will feature students, faculty, alumni College leadership and staff for a range of appropriate audiences. This includes the entire process from planning the initial concept, to lighting, sound, camera work, editing and graphics.
Upload, organize, and manage video content in GSC’s internal video CMS (Kaltura) and dedicated YouTube channels for publication on desktop and mobile platforms.
These include but are not limited to:
- Student profile stories.
- Video pitches for potential business partners.
- Messages from the President to students/faculty/Board of Trustees.
- Instructor-developed content for instruction.
- Student-generated content from coursework published in a showcase.
- Video vignettes for use in applied learning.
- Student orientation support.
- Faculty professional development.
- Collaborate to produce conference or other presentations that incorporate multimedia resources.
Within the Integrated Technologies Department this position will work with the Instructional Design Team on building resources for online and classroom programs and presentations that support our educational programs both at the Graduate and Undergraduate level.
Working with the marketing team, the videographer will produce videos for the granite.edu and my.granite.edu websites to either promote or inform the appropriate audiences based on the project scope. This position will also work with the Dean of Enrollment Management to insure that projects are consistent with GSC brand standards.
This position will work directly with the Director of Public Affairs to support external engagement strategies that are in alignment with the overarching marketing/public relations strategies.
Minimum Desirable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or a minimum of an Associate’s Degree with five or more years of experience in all aspects of video and multimedia production and editing.
- A proven creative track record of producing compelling stories and solid technical expertise with video and multimedia.
- Ability to produce storyboards and/or animatics for review prior to shooting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills including the ability to produce scripts, and to interact with both internal and external constituents of the college.
- Technical proficiency with Adobe Software Suite (PSD, IL, Premiere pro and /or Final Cut Pro, Media Encoder, AfterEffects), captioning applications, DVD authoring, Mac platform.
- Successful candidates will have exceptional project management skills, the ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience in an online learning environment
- Experience in Higher Education
- Experience using Social Media resources and tools
- Experience collaborating with marketing sales and executive teams
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants are requested to email a letter of interest, a current copy of their resume, and three references to:
Granite State College
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted February 12, 2013