Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
PAT Classification: Military Recruitment and Support Specialist – Grade 14
Function of the Job
Under the supervision of the Director of Campus Operations, this position will perform duties relevant to verification, admissions, career counseling, outreach and recruitment for our Military and Veteran student populations.
This position is an 80% time salaried position with a four day work week schedule based at our Concord, NH administrative center.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview and counsel prospective and currently enrolled Veteran students to explain pertinent admissions policies/procedures; assist with course/degree selection while partnering with other campus coaches; and answer questions on Veteran programs.
- Participate in recruiting events, college fairs and other events to promote the visibility of Granite State College programs.
- Appropriately refer students to work with student success coaches for academic support and degree completion.
- Plan, organize, and direct recruiting activities related to Veterans; assessing and monitoring their needs to recommend new initiatives, policies, and procedures at Granite State College.
- Assist Veterans in applying for application benefits and work as one of the colleges Veteran Certifying Official to keep up to date on current VA rules and benefits and to have working knowledge of policies and practices of USNH, State and Federal regulations regarding the veteran population
- Serve as a professional resource to the GSC community regarding resources and strategies for working with student veterans.
- Assist in the supervision and support of VA work study program at the College
- Serve as liaison with community partners
- Travel throughout the State of New Hampshire is required
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year experience in a counseling/advising position. Related professional experience with Military and Veteran populations required. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Experience in a higher education community, student recruitment experience
Compensation: Salary not normally to exceed $32,500 with a full USNH benefits package.
Interested applicants should electronically submit their resume, cover letter and the names of three references to: Tara.Torrey@granite.edu
Granite State College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer: Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted December 14, 2012