Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
PAT Classification: Information System Technical – 22 (Business Analyst)
- Create business cases for addressing complex needs with optimal solutions in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Assist with project execution, including activities such as documentation, change management and training.
- Support the technologies behind business processes across all departments.
- Conduct research to analyze the scope and complexity of problems, drawing from both private and public sources of information.
- Gather business requirements through a variety of techniques such as work sessions and interviews. Analyze and document client complex business requirements and processes; communicate these requirements to appropriate parties.
- Analyze business needs, evaluating each one by applying constraints, objective and subjective criteria and guidelines in the identification of possible solutions and alternatives.
- Work with stakeholders to review possible solutions and alternatives based on commonly accepted criteria and to select one for implementation.
- Plan and design complex business processes and system modifications.
- Provide time estimates for project related tasks.
- Present business cases with recommended solutions to top-level administration and management.
- Provide input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs. Develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Create complex test case scenarios to be used in testing; monitor/oversee the testing of business applications to verify that all client requirements are incorporated into the system design.
- Provide leadership in the management of or participation in projects, especially cross-functional projects involving many staff and departments for a duration of several weeks.
- Participate in technical reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is carried through the entire project.
- Perform basic technical administration and customization tasks for hardware, software, apps and systems in order to maintain familiarity with the breadth of tools and their capabilities.
- Create and deliver internal training modules, sometimes in collaboration with Instructional Design.
- Cross-train colleagues and superusers through formal (structured) and informal (ad hoc) means, developing scalable training modules and publishing institutional knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ownership means maintaining current knowledge on specific technologies so that solutions are designed using the best available components.
This position is expected to own the following tools and technologies:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or Information Technology, plus 4 years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with the interface of information technology with functional groups within an organization
- Experience working with business processes and re-engineering
- Experience working with computer programming concepts and basic language
Applications will be reviewed continuously until the position is filled.
The hiring process for the ideal candidate will be as follows:
- Candidate submits resume and cover letter.
- Hiring manager reviews submitted materials.
- Hiring manager contacts applicant to schedule a 15-min screening.
- Candidate completes the screening.
- Hiring manager schedules an on-site interview with the candidate and the hiring committee.
- Candidate completes the on-site interview.
- Hiring manager requests at least three (3) professional references from the candidate.
- Candidate supplies list of professional references.
- Hiring manager completes reference checks.
- Hiring manager extends offer of employment to the candidate.
- Candidate accepts the offer of employment.
- Candidate completes background check and submits supporting hire materials.
- Hiring manager welcomes the candidate to work as an employee on the first day.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted December 10, 2012