Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
Vice President of Strategic Operations
Granite State College is one of the four institutions that comprise the University System of New Hampshire and serves more than 4,000 students each year in locations statewide and online. The College provides flexibility, value and statewide accessibility to higher education throughout the state of New Hampshire and beyond. For over 40 years, the College has specialized in providing access to adults of all ages seeking alternatives to traditional campus-based programs.
This position, reporting to the President and a member of the executive leadership team, provides both operational and strategic leadership in support of the College’s core values, organizational goals and operational capacities.
Areas of responsibility:
- Advise the President and assist with the day to day operations of the College.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction for institutional priorities including student success and retention, integrative operations, and development of a competitive enterprise model.
- Provide the leadership and support required to maximize efficiency of College operations including implementation of strategic plans, policy development, process improvement and workflow redesign.
- Develop strong positive working relationships with both internal and external constituencies.
- Lead the operational implementation efforts for strategic partnerships.
- Work collaboratively with fellow executive leaders to prepare, review, interpret and analyze a variety of complex and multifaceted information sources including enrollment data, institutional metrics, and budgets.
- Leadership of the following Departments: Registrar, Campus Operations, Alumni Relations, Collaborative Partnerships and other administrative units as assigned and as strategic priorities require.
- Provide operational direction to cross functional teams on complex projects. Collaborate with colleagues to integrate functions, technology and resources in alignment with key priorities. Lead the strategic planning process for the College.
- Represent the College and/or the President at internal and external meetings, serve on relevant governance committees and participate in community events statewide.
- Special projects as assigned on behalf of the Office of the President.
- Master’s degree in a related field required. Doctorate in Higher Education or Management preferred.
- Minimum ten years of experience in a senior level position in higher education administration.
- Leadership experience in an entrepreneurial culture or within an enterprise culture emphasizing alignment of technology and systems.
- Background in adult, online and diverse delivery modes required.
- Evidence of strategic and systems thinking.
- Excellent project management, communication and facilitation skills.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, full USNH benefits package.
: Please send resume, letter of interest, the names and contact information for three professional references and salary requirements via email to: Stacey.MacStravic@granite.edu
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.