Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
Director of Academic Innovation and Partnerships
The Director of Academic Innovation and Partnerships will develop and manage, under the direction of the Provost, external partnerships especially in regards to academic and innovative collaborations. Play a supporting role in defining the characteristics of the partnership and a lead role in implementation activities. Help ensure new relationships are properly supported and nurtured. This position reports to the Provost.
The Director of Academic Innovation and Partnerships directly supports the Provost in managing and directing strategic and tactical operations within university system and external partnership networks that support community colleges, communities, and other off site partnership locations. Lead, manage, and monitor both in-class and online class start refinement volume ensuring adequate resources are in the processing stages for classes to start. Position communicates, collaborates, and strategizes with internal and external clients to evaluate new requests, establish project plans and timelines, and complete projects on agreed upon schedules. The incumbent should possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the college’s policies and procedures to perform complex assignments.
Specific Responsibilities include:
The Director of Academic Innovation and Partnerships is responsible for:
- Identifying new growth opportunities and developing and supporting partnerships with institutions internal and external to Granite State College.
- Leverages expertise in online education, global education, and industry trend analysis to support strategic initiatives and develop and support partnerships in accordance with GSC strategic initiatives and presidential priorities.
- Coordinate complex cross-institutional partnerships focused on the launch of new online programs involving systems integration, program research and development, marketing and recruitment strategy, online faculty training, and student and faculty support services.
- Manage partner expectations and keep projects on track. Consult with partners concerning accreditation requirements for distance learning. Track monthly enrollment and billable hours for partners, review and approve partner invoices.
- Serve as project lead on innovation projects at the college, including strategically chosen partnership institutions (i.e. community college partnerships, industry leaders).
- Stays abreast of the higher education landscape and focuses on future trends and opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the president, provost, and vice provost
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management or related field required.
- Three (3) years management experience in sales, educational or training environment.
- Experience with online instructional strategies and eLearning platforms.
- Previous experience in training program development/facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience hiring, supervising, coaching, motivating and leading an organization to accomplish department and organizational goals.
- Excellent customer service orientation with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated presentation skills required and the ability to interface effectively with “C” level professionals and other diverse professionals.
- Must have strong problem solving skills, and be detailed orientated with excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Explorer).
- Must be able to self-initiate; manage multiple accounts and a diverse set of activities simultaneously within a fast-pace environment.
- Requires the ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality in the handling of account and student information.
- Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Additional Information: Must be able to travel to the other GSC centers in New Hampshire and potential partners. Some nights and weekends may be required. This is a benefits eligible position.
Application Process: Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three references to:
Dr. Johnna Herrick-Phelps
Interim Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Chair-Director of Academic Innovation and Partnerships Search Committee
Granite State College
Office of Academic Affairs
25 Hall Street
Concord, NH 03301
Review of applications begins November 24, 2014, and continues until the position is filled.
No Phone Calls Please.
Granite State College is an EEO/AA employer. We are committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity, equity, and inclusiveness across our campus community, and we encourage applications from qualified individuals who will help us advance this commitment. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.