Professional, Administrative, Technical (PAT) Positions
Academic Coach - Claremont, NH
Granite State College is seeking an Academic Coach for our Claremont and Lebanon, NH locations.
Reporting to the Senior Academic Coach, this 80% time salaried position provides campus services to students pursuing academic programs, with responsibilities spanning the functions of academic advising, individualized program planning and career planning, admissions and recruiting, and financial aid. Some evening availability will be required as courses run at night.
Primary responsibilities include academic advising, student success coaching, retention of adult students, recruitment, outreach, and preliminary review of transcripts and prior learning. Some Financial aid counseling and career advising are also components of this position.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as initial contact for prospective students or newly admitted students on degree program requirements, preliminary review of transfer credits, prior learning and any unique program planning information for military and school of education students.
- Actively use technology both for work tasks and in the development of tools and resources for students to support advising in a variety of settings, including face-to-face, online, video chat, or via phone.
- Responsible for using best practices and current adult development learning theory to advise and support adults returning to school or attending college for the first time.
- Ensure completion of quarterly and annual advising tasks such as running degree audits each term, monitoring at risk students, offering course recommendations, program completion planning, and assisting students with academic or financial aid petitions.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Academic Affairs, Financial Aid, and the Registrar’s office in planning and implementing procedural or program changes.
- Assist students who request accommodations for disabilities in accessing the application and connecting them to Disability Services.
- Work with the advising team to develop workshops and events focused on the academic success of students.
- Participate in outreach activities, community college partnerships, and local community partnerships to develop relationships and provide educational opportunities.
- Participate in college wide project work teams.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and team focused approach to supporting students and their success.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in education or related field and two years of experience, preferably in higher education. Preference will be given to candidates whose experience includes academic advising and one or more of the following: working with adult students in a continuing education or non-traditional higher education setting, experience with student information systems, CRM systems, strong communications skills, and Microsoft Office skills.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive USNH benefits package including health, dental, retirement and tuition reimbursement.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.