Operating Staff Positions
Senior Administrative Assistant - Rochester, NH
Granite State College is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to serve as Senior Administrative Assistant to the School of Education. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills,responsive customer service skills, an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public. Good work ethic with knowledge of office practices, procedures and use of electronic equipment is critical. The office practices will include computer skills such as word processing, e-mail, Internet, spreadsheets, web-site maintenance and software appilcations.
- High school graduation and 5 years of related experience or Associate’s Degree and 3 years or a combination of higher education and related experience equal to 5 years/Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Front office customer service experience
- Strong work ethic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2007, including EXCEL and ACCESS
- Detail-oriented, sense of humor and works well under pressure
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Banner
- Supervise reception, communication, electronic files, clerical staff, and office management processes, including meetings, gatherings, and appointments on campus and at other locations.
- Supervise admissions process, including prompt responses to all inquiries, obtaining of necessary information for decision-making and prompt notification to admitted student prospects, including maintaining an ongoing record of number of applicants by programs, acceptances, and enrollments during each recruitment period in a longitudinal data base so data can be compared with past periods of recruitment.
- Maintain records, prepare faculty and other contracts, issue contracts when signed and keep records and files of contracts signed and on file.
- Ensure that Payroll information is prepared accurately and ready for submission in a timely manner by the Dean or Associate Dean for all personnel on the payroll.
- Maintain a readily available and updated file of process sheets for each process and procedure implemented in the School of Education, so anyone can determine how to handle any process (with a sample on file) for any activity for which the office is responsible, in the event the customary person is unavailable to do the work.
- Ensure that E-Portfolio information is conveyed to the appropriate Resource Faculty member or the Associate Dean.
Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive USNH benefits package.
Please email letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com
Position will remain open until filled.
Granite State College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted July 17, 2013