Operating Staff Positions
Student Information Center Representative - Concord, NH
Reporting to the Registrar, this position will focus on assisting students with accessing information within a centralized location where external calls will be handled, and in some cases resolved, by trained professionals who have the skills and aptitudes to address questions around academic programs, admissions, financial aid and clearance, academic support services, course schedules and registration, online in-takes, open houses, and outbound calling campaigns. This position is located in Concord, NH, and the hours will be Monday-Thursday from 10:15am-6:30pm and Friday from 9am-4pm.
- Handle a high volume of inbound and outbound student calls that will cover a wide variety of service areas including admissions, financial aid, student accounts, academic programming, etc. (60%) Rank #1
- Manage and resolve a variety of questions, issues, concerns, and requests by utilizing internal systems and processes. (30%) Rank #2
- Work with internal GSC departments like admissions, financial aid, academic affairs, or student accounts to resolve issues or concerns requiring additional information, research, or problem solving. (10%) Rank #3
- Demonstrate sensitivity and energy around the needs and concerns of a diverse student population
- Student-centered and have a strong sense of responsibility for student success
- Detailed oriented, organized, and ability to multi-task
- Flexible in work assignments and work hours that include evening and some possible weekend hours
- Strong prioritization on project time management, and follow-through skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work collaboratively and independently in a rapidly changing environment
- Initiative to exercise sharp critical thinking and sound judgment to problem solve independently within organizational guidelines and policies
- Proficient use the MS Suite of tools
- Bachelor’s Degree desired, but not required, or Associate’s Degree and five years of demonstrated customer service success, or a combination of higher education and related experience equal to seven years
- Experience with Salesforce (Customer Relation Management system) and Banner mainframe
- Experience within higher education a plus
Hourly rate not to exceed $16.89 per hour
Please submit résumé, cover letter and three references by email to email@example.com
. Review of applications will begin immediately.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted May 2, 2013