Admissions Coach - Portsmouth/Rochester
Granite State College is seeking an Admissions Coach to split time between our Portsmouth and Rochester locations. Reporting to the Regional Campus Director, this 75% time position holds a variety of campus responsibilities that span the functions of admissions and recruiting, financial aid, facilities operations, student services, and administrative support for Academic Coaches and campus operations. This position requires working some evenings up to four days per week and some flexibility for office coverage and outreach activities.
Primary responsibilities include customer service, administrative support, assisting students with online student services, faculty support, recruitment, outreach, new student orientations, and helping students navigate the admissions and financial aid processes to attend college.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Customer Relations Management: Walk-in, telephone, and internet support to assist students with applying to the college, registering for classes, setting up accounts, and accessing services. Tracks communication with Salesforce and works on collaborative work team to improve the student experience.
- Student Services: Navigating resources on the GSC Website, eLearning+ (Moodle), and other internet student services; Financial aid process and support with FAFSA filing and documentation; Accuplacer administration and support; Veteran assistance- military payments, forms, GI website, and CLEP/DSST proctoring.
- Academic Coach Support: Appointment scheduling and follow up; Pre-term retention phoning and special projects; Faculty concerns and student referrals.
- Faculty Support: Administrative support including photocopying, materials prep, classroom preparation, misc. support as needed on site; Technology and A/V set-up and troubleshooting; Maintain Faculty Contact Lists; Communication with students and faculty as needed; OLLI support for classroom and technology needs.
- Facilities Operations: Opening/closing office, sending & receiving mail & email, tracking maintenance and service requests, scheduling rooms, managing technology and ordering supplies as needed.
- Outreach Activities: Represent GSC at local high school, community college and regional outreach events as needed.
- Other projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Some college required/Bachelor's Degree preferred and two years related experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience using a CRM system (Salesforce), comfort with online learning, and student information systems (Banner). Candidate’s experiences should include one or more of the following: working with adult students in a continuing education or non-traditional higher education setting, outreach activities, strong written and verbal communications skills, and Microsoft Office skills.
Desired Qualifications: Ability to work evenings, excellent customer service skills (both on the phone and in person), ability to problem solve independently, work effectively in a team to accomplish project outcomes, and comfort working with the public.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive USNH benefits package including health, dental, retirement and tuition reimbursement.
Please send cover letter, resume and the names/contact information for at least 3 references to:
David Rudewick (email@example.com
). A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
No phone calls, please.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.