Hourly (Non-Benefited) Positions
Salary: $25.00/ hour, non-benefited
Hours: part-time, 20 hours/week
Start date: Immediately
Granite State College is accepting applications for a part-time instructional designer (ID.) Granite State College is the leader in New Hampshire public higher education in offering totally online degrees. We seek an innovative professional with skills in social media, mobile applications, and emerging educational technologies who will thrive in a dynamic, team oriented environment. The ID is a key member of the instructional design team whose primary responsibility is to assist and support faculty in developing online and hybrid courses and in incorporating educational technologies in teaching and learning across the college. The ID position will be primarily home-based with occasional meetings at the office of Educational Technology in Concord, NH.
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide faculty across diverse educational disciplines with high quality instructional design, guidance and support in creating courses in an online and/or hybrid environment.
- Consult with online and hybrid faculty to design effective web-based learning environments; recommending open educational learning objects and training resources.
- Collaborate with the Rich Media Specialist and/or videographer in recommending multi-media instructional activities and assets.
- Perform needs assessment with faculty to identify improvements for online course resources, learning objects, delivery techniques, and learning activities.
- Manage the course development and delivery process for assigned courses meeting established guidelines and deadlines.
- Conduct individual and group training sessions for faculty regarding best practices in the use of educational technologies in teaching and learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in adult learning, higher education, instructional technology, training/development, or related field, or relevant bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- A working knowledge of instructional design theory and practice.
- Relevant experience with Moodle or other learning management systems.
- Significant teaching and/or training experience with adult learners.
- Able to manage multiple projects, meet project deadlines, communicate with stakeholders, and work in a team environment as well as independently on projects.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Experience working with faculty from a variety of academic disciplines.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Use of social media, mobile applications, and emerging educational technologies.
- HTML and web design principles.
Please send resume, letter of interest and three professional references via email to: email@example.com
Attention: ID Search Committee. Applications will be reviewed beginning December 2, 2013.
Granite State College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No Phone Calls Please.